Timers have numerous beneficial uses such as to reduce hyper-focusing (something I do). Or, to set a limit on how long to do something i.e. time spent on the internet.
I use the Time Timer app every morning to focus on my critical task for the day. It is available as a desktop timer in various sizes http://www.timetimer.com/ and its disappearing red disk is helpful to:
- Teach children the concept of elapsed time
- Manage the stress of transitions by showing “how much longer”
- Make homework and practice time more productive
- Reduce conflict in family and household routines
- Increase productivity by breaking projects into manageable segments
- Keep meetings, appointments, and events on time and moving forward
Do you use a timer? If you do, what do you primarily use it for?