Get Rich Organizing
Do you love to organize? Do you dream of running your own business? You can do both and earn a great salary, too! You don’t have to suffer through figuring out how to start your own professional organizing business. This book is content rich and full of proven methodologies, processes, checklists, forms, systems, client case studies, and inspiration. My knowledge and experiences come from working with a broad base of clients from residential to corporate, as well as thirty years of working in corporate environments. You will benefit immediately by learning what took me years and hard lessons to know.
Getting rich isn’t just about making lots of money, it’s about the personal fulfillment you receive from helping others learn a life skill – organizing – they so desperately need and never were taught. Watching the client have that “aha moment” when they understand what it means to “get organized” is rich beyond words.
Get Rich Organizing will:
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to become a successful professional organizer business owner.
- Help you cut out months or even years of annoying mistakes and learning curves, because you need to make money immediately. Show you how to position yourself to attract your ideal client with one hundred marketing ideas.
- Introduce you to blogging and web site development.
- Instruct you on how to clearly communicate your value and how to charge for your valuable services.
- Teach you new organizing skills and techniques to work with a variety of client types.
- Provide you with legal, insurance, and tax information to get you started in the right business entity for you and an understanding of the protection your business needs.
- Teach you proven processes and systems to organize others and transfer organizing skills.
- Tell you about real client stories that will inspire you to teach others organizing skills and keep you from making some serious mistakes in dealing with clients.
- Move you to action with recommended exercises and actions found at the end of the chapters.
Additionally you receive:
- Forms available for you to personalize with your company information saving you hours of time creating on your own.
- A listing of my top twenty-five organizing products and where to find them so you don’t have to spend time researching.
- Material to create workshops on paper, time, and clutter so you can immediately market and demonstrate your organizing knowledge.
- Resources for space planning tools and web site development.
- Up-to-date Professional Organizer industry information and trends.
All this valuable and sought after information and more for $14.98 (plus shipping)! And, your purchase is 100% tax deductible as a business expense. It is a miniscule price to pay for the amazing value you will receive and save you time, money, and mistakes. Just take a look at the table of contents!
- Part I: Your Business
- Chapter 1—Introduction To Professional Organizing
- Chapter 2—Assessing Your Skills
- Chapter 3—Writing A Business Plan
- Chapter 4—Fee Structures—How To Charge For Your Services
- Chapter 5—Business Basics
- Chapter 6—Determine Legal and Insurance Needs
- Chapter 7—Name and Register Your Business For Maximum Impact
- Chapter 8—Tax Issues To Consider And Understand
- Chapter 9—Marketing And Branding Your Organizing Business
- Part II: Your Clientele
- Chapter 10—Client Process Initial Client Contact and Your Thirty Second Hook
- Chapter 11—How to Effectively Conduct a Needs Assessment and Create an Organizing Plan of Action
- Organizing Plan of Action—Example
- Chapter 12—Scheduling the Job With Your Client
- Chapter 13—5 Steps to Organizing® Process
- Chapter 14—Client Follow-up aka Preventative Backsliding
- Chapter 15—Working With Clients on Paper Management
- Chapter 16—Working with Clients on Time Management
- Chapter 17—Working with Clients on Clutter Control
- Chapter 18—The Challenging Clients You Will Meet
- In Summary
- Forms and Tools
I wrote Get Rich Organizing along with the Institute for Professional Organizers™ curriculum, training manuals, and program because I believe in the immense value of this profession. I want others who aspire to it to represent the industry as experienced and knowledgeable professionals. I also want to share my learning in the hopes that others will benefit greatly from my experiences.
I wish I had this book when I started my professional organizing business, SolutionsForYou, Inc. I would have saved time, money, and a lot of hard work.
There are numerous books on the subject of starting a professional organizer business, but none as comprehensive and up-to-date as Get Rich Organizing The Professional Organizer Survival Guide to Launch, Manage, and Grow a Profitable Business.
“It is obvious that Anne wishes to share her passion and knowledge to assist those who are creating and building their organizing business. You can feel her enthusiasm and clarity as you move through the chapters which are FULL of tips and information that are bound to resonate with you. I am a seasoned organizer, and yet I found some new and innovative ways to approach many of the challenges within our industry.”
Sally Allen, CPO®, CTRS, A Place For Everything LLC, and author of the Independent Contractor Guidebook
"I just wanted to thank you for writing your book, Get Rich Organizing. It is my bible for starting my new organizing business here in Texas. I also ordered the templates for the forms you have created and they have been so helpful in developing my own forms. Thank you for all of the resources you have made for other organizers to utilize. They have helped give me confidence to get this business rolling!"
Get Organized Today!
Personal and professional success is the result of more than talent, commitment and hard work. Success requires you to organize your home, your office and your relationships to meet the demanding needs of each. How efficiently you order these important aspects of your life is your key to finding success with ease and is one of the most important tools you have for becoming the absolute best you can be.
In Get Organized Today!, myself and 18 other top experts have joined to give you insightful guidance and advice learned through years of study and consulting with their clients and colleagues. These experts share their secrets and give you powerful organizing information and strategies. All the organizing professionals you will meet in this book want you to live your life with ease and simplicity.
Get Organized Today! is the book you need to help you plan, execute and maintain order in your work, life and relationships.
Get Organized Today! Retails for $24.00 and you can receive your signed copy today for only $20.00 plus shipping.
“Get Organized Today is a wonderful, practical book—pulling together some of the best minds in the industry to help you live a richer, more organized and more meaningful life. Whether you need strategies for restoring order at home or at the office, this beautifully organized (of course!) collection of ideas will be an invaluable resource to you every day.“ Julie Morgenstern, New York Times bestselling author of Organizing From the Inside Out & Time Management From the Inside Out
Table of Contents
Capturing the Vision
Creating a Space You’ll Love
By Rhonda Elliot, BSBA
The Organizing Triangle
Three Essential Points to Get and Stay Organized
By Charlotte Steill, CPO®
Create a Productive Environment in Five Steps
By Sandy Stelter, JD, CPO®
Organizing for High Performance Families
By Anna Sicalides, CPO®
Win at Organizing
Overcoming Chronic Disorganization
By Anne Blumer, CPO®
How to Choose Your Professional Organizer
By Natasha Packer
Staging Your Home
Transforming Your Space to Eliminate Clutter and Fit Your Lifestyle
By Janet Schiesl
Organizing from the Heart
By Annette Watz, MARE, CDC
Conquering Kitchen Chaos
By Tina Oscar
Building Your Perfect Closet
By Toni Ahlgren
Wardrobe and Closet Bliss
Your Key to a Happier, More Effective, More Organized You
By Gretchen Ditto
I Love My Office
Creating a Home Office that Works for You
By Angela F. Wallace, MIA, CPO®
Conquering Your Paper Piles
By Melissa Stacey
Full and Busy Family Lives
Helping Your Child Learn to Organize
By Mary L. Noble, CDC
Is Your Garage a Storage Nightmare?
Learn How to Clean It, Clear It or Cash in on It
By Bibi Goldstein
Relocation and Downsizing
Ideas to Make it Easy
By Katie Munoz
Celebrations in Your Home
Planning with Ease and Enjoyment
By Scott Roewer, CPO®
Get Organized for the Planet
Eliminating Your Clutter in an Eco-Friendly Way
By Nancy Castelli
Disaster Happens—Organize for Action Now
By JoAnn Scordino, CEM